Popular Posts

Tuesday, October 02, 2007

AUTHOR'S BLOOPERS AND BONUSES

An Ongoing Journey No. 2

Ten years ago, when I was writing a fantasy fiction novel, I purchased a block of ISBN numbers. I thought I would become a hotshot author. Half way through the manuscript, I was clicking off to do something else. I already had approximately 150 pages written. Then I did the unthinkable.

When the message came up asking if I wanted to save the changes, I clicked 'no'. Poof! No more manuscript! Somehow, I deleted the entire manuscript. No, I did not have it on a disk. No, I did not do any of things a wise author would have done. Yes, I was upset. Yes, I was discouraged. No, I did not attempt to reconstruct my great novel. I went into remission. Yes, there is life after deletion……to be continued.

No comments: